As social animals, human beings like to look their best at all times. We associate minor conditions like grey hair, double chin, acne, etc., with factors that negatively impact the personality. Although, as we age, it is inevitable to get rid of these conditions; they will prevail. However, we can always use different remedies like hair color and makeup to cover our grey hair and acne.
But double chin is one thing that won’t go away quickly and even makes some people uncomfortable with their looks. If you also have a double chin and want to get rid of it, this article is for you. We mention some tried and tested ways to remove the double chin. Read on to find out more.
What are the reasons for a double chin?
The accumulation of excess fat under your chin and near your neck is called a double chin. In other words, it is an assemblage of extra fatty tissue below their lower jaw. It can affect people of any age and gender. Patients who chose to get a facelift by Dr. Halaas have shared that they were not obese but had a double chin. They revealed that the doctor informed them that there could be many reasons that can cause a double chin, such as:
● Poor posture
Exercises to reduce the extra fat from under your jaw
Several exercises supposedly help in reducing the fatty layer under the chin. Although there is no scientific evidence, following a routine has shown significant results for many people. You can try the following exercises:
● Pucker up: You have to look at the ceiling with your head tilted back. Next, pucker your lips to form a kissing face. It will stretch the skin near your lower jaw. Hold the position for 10-15 seconds and get back to normal. Repeat ten times.
● Tongue stretch: You have to look ahead and move your tongue towards the nose. Hold the position for 10-15 seconds before releasing.
● Ball exercise: Place a regular-sized softball under your chin and push it with your lower jaw. You can do this daily 20-25 times.
Treatments for Removing a Double Chin
Suppose you have tried exercises and diets but cannot get the desired results. You can choose from various procedures that surgeons use to remove the double chin. Picking cosmetic procedures help in getting immediate results. Here are a few of them:
● Facelift: People who have a stubborn double chin and sagging skin on the face go for facelift surgery. The surgeons tuck the skin at the back of the ear and remove the fat from under your jaw. It leaves you with a tightened and shaper face.
● Liposuction: Surgeons use local anesthesia to numb the area and suck out the excess fat by inserting a tube. It helps in sculpting the neck and facial skin.
● Mesotherapy: A minimally invasive treatment wherein the doctor delivers a fat-dissolving compound to your chin and neck area through multiple rounds of injections.
Different people have different onions about reducing excess fat from under the chin. Some people get their desired results from regular face exercises, while others have to take the help of cosmetic procedures to get rid of their double chin. The decision mainly depends on individual conditions.