Freedom Japenese is a famiiy run business. Ken and Sanae are the owners and operators of Freedom Online Japanese Market. They are located in northern Kanto about an hour from Tokyo. They are an independent company dedicated to bringing high quality Japanese goods to the world.
Freedom Japanese subscription boxes are shipped worldwide with no added postal costs. They are full of Japanese snacks, including candies, drinks and savoury snacks.
There are several options for subscription boxes to suit all household sizes. They start from $12.99 and you can pay with PayPal.
The box I tried contained lots of food items, as always with Japanese foods there is a lot of bright colours and quirky characters on the packaging. Of course all the snack descriptions are in Japanese which I do not understand but you also get a handy sheet with translations.
The boxes often come with themes too rather than anything just thrown in. I got the March box which was Spring theme and so lots of Spring themed snacks in the box.
These very unusual biscuits are called “Takenoko no Sato”. They are bamboo shoot biscuits in matcha milk chocolate and yes the chocolate is green but they taste quite good.
Also in the March box was lots of fruity candy type sweets, beef rice crackers which I really liked, corn puff tubes (think huge wotsits but chicken and orange flavours), a cup of instant ramen (Like soup), rice crackers, gum and of course some of Japan’s rather famous DIY sweet kits where you make your own sweets or sherbert. I’m not a fan of the DIY kits but Ryan loves them as do the Japanese.
It’s certainly worth a try if your looking for some new and unusual snacks.
I am adding a few pointers about Freedom Japan and its benefits.
- Free Shipping Worldwide
- All products are shipped fresh from Japan. These items have never seen the inside of a container ship.
- Each box contains a handmade, seasonal origami.
- Most of the items are sold exclusively in Japan. Also, most boxes contain some limited edition snacks and candies that are only in Japanese stores for a month or two. Note: The “Made for foreign market” versions of these products sold in most Asian markets are usually made in third party countries, and shipped in container ships to different parts of the world.
- An itemized list with pictures is included in each box, so you don’t have to read Japanese.
- About a pound of candy and snacks are packed into each box.
- We only ship products we would eat ourselves, and only send boxes we would be happy to receive as a gift.
- You can subscribe through PayPal for maximum security
- Club members can buy additional boxes and send them (to other addresses) as gifts. Some companies use these boxes as corporate gifts or thank you packages for hard working employees. You can also get all of your holiday shopping done quickly this way!
- You can create a gift subscription that sends a monthly care package to a friend or relative.
- You can create a one-time payment for boxes sent out over 3, 6 and 12 months. This is perfect for our German customers who have PayPal systems that do not allow online subscriptions. http://www.freedomjapanesemarket.com/subscription-box-3-6-and-12-month-packages.html#.Vc4tBGAbBBw
- Cancel at any time without fees or penalties.