In the mood for a new sunscreen? If you’re someone that just hasn’t found a sunscreen that makes you want to wear it everyday yet, then this article is for you. It’s so incredibly important to be wearing daily sun protection – whether you’re outdoors or indoors (yes the UV rays can penetrate windows!) No one should have to compromise on wearing a sunscreen they love, so keep reading to find one that could be perfect for you.
Why wear sunscreen?
We’re sure you’re across this but just in case there’s any confusion, you should be wearing sunscreen daily. Why? Here are some of the most important reasons to wear it:
- Protect yourself from skin cancer
- Protect your skin from signs of ageing like fine lines and wrinkles
- Keep skin looking younger for longer
- Help to keep skin tone even
How to choose sunscreen?
When it comes to choosing a sunscreen, there are a few things to consider. Think about:
- SPF30 or SPF50+: Always go for the highest level of sun protection
- Australian made: Australia has the toughest regulations in the world when it comes to sunscreen.
- Formula type: Consider whether you prefer mineral or physical protection. Both offer excellent protection.
- Texture: Do you want a serum, gel or cream texture?
- Skin type: If you’re prone to breakouts, consider choosing a facial sunscreen specifically for oily skin types.
- Fragrance: Does fragrance in your skincare irritate you or do you enjoy it? Choose a sunscreen that suits your preferences best.
- Tinted or non tinted: Do you want your sunscreen to double up as some extra colour or prefer an invisible finish?
3 Best Sunscreens in 2022
Need some help working out the right facial sunscreen for you? Discover the curated range of face sunscreens from Ultra Violette. They’re designed to fit into your current skincare regime and work really well under makeup.
1.Lean Screen SPF50+
If you’re looking for a zinc sunscreen formula, then try Lean Screen. It’s fragrance-free, and ideal for sensitive skin types if you find you often react to skincare. It leave a subtle-matte finish after application so is also a great choice if you have an oily skin type and are looking for something that won’t make you break out. With an SPF50+ UV protection, you can be confident your skin is in good hands with this one.
Features of Lean Screen:
- SPF50+ formula
- Zinc oxide formula
- Ideal for sensitive skin and oily skin types
2. Dream Screen SPF50 Tinted Veil
Like a little coverage with your sunscreen? Try the tinted sunscreen from Ultra Violette. In 11 different shades, this super sunscreen not only offers high UVA and UVB protection, but a glowy, sheer to medium coverage. It’s an iconic product in that it won’t disappear throughout the day, go patchy, or leave a white cast. This is our favourite to wear during the summer.
Features of Dream Screen:
- Tinted sunscreen
- SPF50 UVA and UVB protection
- 11 shades
- Sheer-medium coverage
- Glowy finish
3. Queen Screen SPF50+
If you’ve got a drier skin type, want a bit of extra glow or just love a serum formula, then try Queen Screen. It offers high levels of SPF50+ protection and imparts a beautiful glowy finish in its wake. Ideal for normal to dry skin types, it is also an excellent base for applying makeup over the top. It never splits or leaves a white cast, and will leave skin feeling ultra hydrated.
Features of Queen Screen:
- SPF50+ protection
- Serum like consistency
- Light rose scent
- Glowy finish
- Ideal for dry skin
Ready to choose a new sunscreen? Remember to apply every day for anti-aging effects and of course sun protection!