K-beauty is on fire with a plethora of options available for all skin types and ethnicities to choose from. Gone are the days where skin of color had a serious lack of representation in the market for beauty products; today, we’re doing a lot better and are on our way to bring even more offerings for inclusive beauty. One such trend that has been tried and tested by a huge section of the population is the K-beauty trend, where cosmetics and skincare products of South Korea have scored really well. Their skincare routine steps are made for all and involve a range of products that one can select based on their skincare concerns. One such step in Kbeauty skincare to not skip is the sleeping mask, which works its miracle as you get some shut-eye. But what makes sleeping masks special? Let’s find out, keep reading to know all about it!
1) Rich in serums: Sleeping masks are infused with several serums that complement each other and work together to give your skin a satin smooth finish. The gel-like consistency is absorbed quickly by your skin and the serums work their magic while you sleep. Once you wash your face in the morning, you’ll find a substantial difference in the texture and brightness of your face.
2) Gently nourishes: These products like sleeping masks are meant to be the last step of your skin care routines. A Korean sleeping mask has peptides and hydrating ingredients to nourish your skin and lock in the moisture for a long time. You’ll enjoy supple and youthful skin if you use this product consistently. Don’t forget to apply the sleeping mask on your neck too!
3) Eliminates free radicals: free radicals make your skin age faster as they break down collagen and other healthy skin barriers. Sleeping masks work overnight to restore the moisture barrier of your skin and eliminate free radicals to help your skin fight premature fine lines, wrinkles and signs of ageing.
4) Repairs and heals skin damage: Your skin repairs itself every night, and a sleeping mask can boost the process to improve the skin texture. You’ll be one step closer to achieving perfectly smooth glass skin when you use a sleeping mask regularly.
5) Reduces scarring and pigmentation: All of us have blemishes and pigmentation or acne scars from teenage days. Some are more recent due to mask acne and pandemic stress. But there’s no need to worry about them fading since Korean sleeping masks can help you lighten such spots. With ingredients like niacinamide, retinols, AHA, and BHA, you can improve your skin’s texture for an even-toned glow!
Korean beauty products for skin care are highly recommended by us because we have witnessed great results. While purchasing from a renowned brand, always make sure to check for allergenic ingredients that may not suit you in the list of ingredients and do a patch test before you begin using your sleeping mask. Our advice is to start using a sleeping mask once a week and gradually build the routine to twice a week and then not more than thrice a week.