Well today is Hallowen. It’s also the end of the month meaning it’s also time for Foodie Pals reveal day.
This is now my third month at Foodie Pals and I’m really enjoying it. The concept is simple you sign up free of charge and are matched with two different foodie pals each month. One will send you a food parcel and the other will receive a food parcel from yourself. Your foodie pals change every month and will be based anywhere in Europe. It’s always a lovely surprise when the box arrives as you never know what’s inside.
This month I sent my food parcel to Kelly. She lives in Manchester which is literally around the corner from Bolton and being so close was actually more difficult than someone a little further away as I had to try harder to find more unique items. Kelly told me she liked spicy foods, nuts and a few other things so I put her together a nice box. Again I forgot the photograph 😞 Kelly sent me a lovely email saying she was very happy with her box.
My last two food boxes have come from Europe. This time is was slightly closer to home. My parcel was from a lovely lady named Alison who lives High Wycombe. I’m not actually sure where abouts that is I just know it’s in the UK somewhere.
Again I received a very nice box with lots of yummy treats.
My box contained:
1) Kettle Vegetable Chips I had tried Kettle chips before but these are a flavour I have never heard of in Golden Parsnip, Sweet potato and beetroot
2) Lindt Bars I love Lindt Chocolates but not seen the bars before which were cookies & cream and Strawberry cheesecake both delicious
3) Mini Marshmallows stir in hot chocolate it’s like a mini cup made out of pure chocolate and topped with marshmallow with a spoon inside. Add it to milk and microwave for a creamy warm hot chocolate.
4) Chai Latte A aromatic blend of tea, milk and spices which is added to water or frothy milk. It has a lovely warm spicy taste to it with cinnamon too.
5) Lara Mamas Gourmet Popping Corn I haven’t got around to making this yet but looks easy enough and I’m sure me and kids will enjoy it with a good family movie.
6) Ultimate Choc Chip Cookie Kit this was a very nice surprise. There was enough mix for 16 cookies and it came with full instructions. Very easy to make by just adding butter and a little syrup and vanilla.
I am so glad I joined foodie pals. I have tried lots of new foods that id never had before plus it gives me something to look forward to every month.
You can see what other foodie pal members got on the main reveal page here