The shape and size of your eyes, ear, and mouth can make or mar your facial appearance. The same goes with your nose. Your nose plays a crucial role in your overall facial esthetics. So if your nose is too pointed, minor, or significant, you may want to modify its appearance to boost your facial aesthetic and create harmony with other facial features.
Here are four ways to reshape your nose.
1. Nose Massage
Are you scared of going under the knife? We advise you to go for a non-surgical procedure like massaging. Massaging your nose helps tone the muscle of your face, especially the region around the nose. As you keep rubbing your nose, you will notice the shape of your nose becoming more straight and pointed over time.
Here are a few steps on how to massage your nose
- Apply two drops of olive oil on your nose to aid the massaging process. With the tip of your finger, massage your nose in a circular motion.
- Start from the area around the bridge and proceed towards the sides of your nose.
- Repeat this step daily for 3-5 minutes to get the best results.
2. Rhinoplasty (A Surgical procedure)
- If you want quicker results that last long, we advise you to consider rhinoplasty. Rhinoplasty or nose job is a cosmetic procedure for altering the shape of your nose by adjusting the bone or cartilage. It is one of the most common and effective types of plastic surgery recommended for those who:
- Want to repair their nose after an injury
- Want to correct breathing issues or congenital disabilities
- Are unhappy with the look of their nose
Of course, rhinoplasty is often carried out by a professional surgeon that specializes in rhinoplasty. For the best results (one with fewer complications), we advise you to go for a competent cosmetic surgeon. Reading through valuable resources like rhinoplasty with Dr. Westreich, the experts recommend you make adequate preparations before the procedure. You may be required to stop your alcohol intake, smoking, and aspirin consumption.
3. Nose contouring
If you aren’t ok with nose massage, you can consider nose contouring to reshape your nose. Nose contouring is another non-surgical procedure that effectively reduces the size of your nose, thus creating your desired nose shape. This beneficial makeup trick involves the use of sculpting powder, foundation, or concealer 1-2 shades darker than your skin tone to mimic the appearance of a shapely nose.
When contouring your nose, ensure you start at the front of the brow, working downwards towards the tip; this will ensure that both sides are equal, so you don’t end up having a crooked nose.
4. Dermal Fillers
Non-surgical rhinoplasty is quite different from rhinoplasty—a common cosmetic surgery for altering the shape of your nose. The former is a procedure in which a dermal filler is injected underneath your skin to change the condition of your nose. The procedures go by a few names, including “liquid nose job” or “15 minutes nose job.”
A typical non-surgical rhinoplasty procedure can take as little as 15 minutes (or less), hence why it is called a “15 minutes nose job.” Unlike some ineffective nose reshaping methods you find online, non-surgical rhinoplasty procedures work. It helps smooth bumps and makes your nose appear slimmer or straighter.
Here are some advantages of non-surgical rhinoplasty.
- It is an affordable alternative
- It has a quick recovery time
- No anesthesia or splints are involved
- You won’t have to worry about swelling or bruising.
When searching for the ideal nose reshaping method, be wary of those home remedies that seem too good to be true. Home remedies like toothpaste, garlic, nose exercises cannot give you the desired nose shape and may cause further problems. Thus, consider those highlighted above instead of sticking to these inferior methods.