Braces have been around for a while and they are not going to be going anywhere anytime soon. Technological advancements are only going to give people more alternatives to choose from. One solution might not be the same for another person as we all have different conditions and builds.
Invisalign is a transparent orthodontics technique that allows the patient to have their teeth corrected over time. Being virtually invisible, these special trays are custom-made for your teeth and are changed every few weeks. The reason why Invisalign cost San Francisco are that way is because of the various benefits you can get for your teeth in a short span of time compared to regular braces.
● Comfort – Invisalign is much more physically comfortable to wear. Since there are no wires or brackets, you don’t have to worry about getting any painful nicks or cuts in your mouth. They are smooth and won’t irritate your mouth. The aligners are similar to a mouthguard and lack any sharp edges.
● Flexibility – It can be removed for eating, brushing your teeth, and flossing. That is something that cannot be done with braces. It allows you to eat foods you want and practice better oral hygiene, which helps to lower your riskof developing gum disease while you go through the process of straightening your teeth. You won’t have to worry about food particles getting stuck, which happens with traditional braces.
● Maintenance – Invisalign aligners require minimal maintenance. They can get dingy over time when you wear them, but you can freshen them by using a toothbrush dipped in a small amount of bleach and water. Scrubbing them for a minute will eliminate any stains. You only need to do this every other day.
● Appeal – Since Invisalign is clear, it doesn’t leave you with a mouth full of metal. In other words, they are more attractive to the eye, and most people won’t even know you are wearing them. That means you can feel free to smile and don’t have to feel overly self-conscious. Because of this, there is no age restriction and adults often prefer this method of orthodontic treatment.
Types of Invisalign
1. Invisalign Express – This type of clear aligner is ideal for patients with minor teeth issues. The length of time for this treatment is only six months and only requires 10 sets of aligners.
2. Invisalign Lite – Invisalign Lite aligners are perfect for patients with mild to moderate issues and who have crowns. They consist of 14 clear aligner trays which are worn for six to seven months.
3. Invisalign Teen – This type is specifically intended for teenagers and young adults whose teeth are still shifting. It has six complimentary clear aligner replacements with Blue Dot Wear Indicator. The indicator fades to signify that it needs to be changed. It also has eruption tabs for second molars.
4. Invisalign Full – Dentists recommend this type because it corrects moderate to complex teeth issues. The treatment takes around 12 to 18 months.
5. Invisalign i7 – This type of Invisalign braces consists of seven sets of aligners which are worn in a period of three months. It’s intended to treat mild overcrowding of teeth.