You may have come across Hygge in interior design magazines or in the news – you may even be ahead of the trend. Hygge is the Scandinavian way to make your house happy and cosy, and you too. It’s sweeping the UK and bringing more than a little cheer along the way – but it’s much more.
I’m one of a few hand-picked bloggers working with JYSK to help Hygge – the Scandi style that makes you happier by giving you a ‘hug’ when you get home – get the UK to Feel the Happiness.
So this is a little reminder about entering my fantastic Hygge giveaway. If you want to Feel the Happiness, choose JYSK – and tell us what makes you happy at home. You could win a fabulous taste of Hygge happiness!
JYSK is a Danish-owned international furniture store group that is celebrating the opening of its 2,500th store (there are 15 in the UK) – and the Danes are reported to be the happiest people in the world.
JYSK’s expert tips for Hygge happiness are:
1. Soft lighting
2. Comfortable seating
3. Cushions and throws with a natural look and feel
4. Get cosy and cuddly and spend time with those you love the best
5. Ban technology for a little Hygge moment and live in the moment
6. Scientists at University College London found that even just looking at beautiful things makes us happier!
7. Enjoy the simple pleasures of Hygge style life – you will be happier for it. Invest in comfort, connect with nature, love your home and create cosy social spaces to feel the happiness
8. Hygge is ‘cosiness of the soul’ says Meik Wiking, chief executive officer of the Happiness Research Institute in Copenhagen, and for the Danes it’s a way of life. Create a warming ambience with lighting, accessories, comfy blankets and cushions and you’re on your way to a Scandi-inspired Hygge Happy Home with JYSK!
Win a JYSK bedframe here! Ends October 13th